Cyber IT Specialist - Data Scientist
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Suffolk, VA
Job Type: IT Specialist
Experience: 3+ Years
Clearance: Top Secret / SCI Eligible
AERMOR LLC is qualified candidates to provide technical and analytical support for FCC OCA in support of all OCA inspections. Candidates shall perform a wide variety of technical support services and functions required to meet the mission of FCC OCA to enhance overall DoDIN-N readiness and security.
- Process, inspect, cleanse, transform, and model data to discover useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making.
- Perform data cleaning (or data wrangling) and statistical analysis using available programming languages.
- Analyze and clean large datasets using Microsoft Excel and Access or equivalent authorized software tools.
- Analyze, interpret, interrelate, and evaluate data sets from disparate sources and formats including, but not limited to MS Excel, MS Access, relational database structures (SQL), and unstructured databases.
- Provide analysis of OCA cybersecurity inspection processes and their associated resulting trends. Provide recommendations for improvements to inspection processes or procedures to strengthen inspection results utilizing various programming languages and applications in both structured and unstructured databases and visualization tools (e.g., SQL, Python, R, MarkLogic, Tableau, Splunk, HADDOOP, etc.).
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2+ years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems, 5 years recommended
- Degree in Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or another quantified Field. MS or greater preferred.
- Expert in SQL and other programming languages such as R, SAS, Python
- Expert with statistical programming languages
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau
- Strategy consulting experience is a plus
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent education or experience and related training